Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spending 12 hours in bed

There is no justifiable reason for a grown woman to stay in bed for 12 straight hours, not eating, not drinking and not to mention ignoring all her freinds' invites to go out to town except for watching a HEART TUGGING, TEAR DUCT FATIGUING, MIND BOGGLING drama such as BU BU JING XIN (Startling by Each Step). Now, I watched this series about 4-5 months ago when I was a living corpse due to some school related stress and this was HONESTLY the drama that made me push through in the most difficult part of my internship year. It broke the monotony of designing treatments, documenting said treatments, doing evaluations, conducting group activities. It transported me to a world were life was simpler but the problems were in no way less or easier to solve. In fact it made me realize that my problems were nothing compared to that of this girl whose every move is detrimental to her future considering that she was just a tea maid... but I am getting ahead of myself now.

I used to be NO fan of Chinese/Period dramas unless you count that period in my life when there was no cable and I can only choose between watching CHINESE DRAMA or HOME SHOPPING NETWORK (i watched a little bit of both). I do not know why my lola only had these 2 options whenever I stayed with her in PARANAQUE of all laces (much better program choices here in the province) anyhooooo onto the main topic of the day: BU BU JING XIN.



This story in about Ma'ertai Ruo Xi, a typical Manchu girl of high standing ( as I understand her father is a general under the 9 banners) ONLY she isn't typical in the sense that she is actually Zhang Xiao from the year 2011. The story is about her (Ruo Xi) and of her relationships with the princes of the Aisin Gioro. The story is set at the reigns of both KangXi and YongZhen.



The story starts when RuoXi wakes up and she finds that she is the era of KangXi (Qing Dynasty). Turns out some collision transported her 'brain waves' to that era as 13 year old Ma'ertai Ruoxi is falling down the stairs. We follow her life through 35 episodes of political maneuvering, marriage arranging and romancing. There are rumours that there will be a season to and i cross my fingers that they make it SOON please Nicky Wu just sign on already!.

I love this series because of its substance, great acting, great costumes, AND peek into Chinese history. I love anyhting HISTORY so this got me hook line and sinker. The dialogues are good and OH MY! the guys are all so good looking (even with their Qing dynasty hairstyles which at first I was not very fond of) I believed the characters and sympathized with ALL of them (except maybe 9th prince) All the villains have their motivations for doing what they do and you won't go WTF!? at characters actions because you can clearly see where they are coming from. It gets a little dark and a bit frustrating at the end to see Ruo Xi as she discovers the effect her presence has had on history.

I highly encourage that YOU watch this (PLEASE) it is worth the 35 episodes. I personally got through the 35 episodes in 4 days time not sleeping a wink (i'm weird i know, but that's how i get when i like something). I was actually just planning to watch the first episode to pass the time but after watching I was HOOKED. It has a good pilot episode and fans of Pearl Princess might like this.

WATCH ON YOUTUBE: Just type Bu Bu Jing Xin on the search bar

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment