Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ice Cream @ Swensen's

Me and my housemates went to eat at Swensen's a while back (sometime before the semestral break), it was convenient to go there at the time since we had to go to DFA because one of my housemates had to process her passport for an upcoming trip.


The Ultimate Sundae Experience

This review is long overdue so here goes:

The place is spacious, and kind of reminds me of an American diner with booths set up. There is a display of the variety of Ice Cream they offer, available in scoops or you can sit down and order off their menu, which is what we did.

My friend originally wanted to order the "Chocolate Earthquake" which looks like it might be nakakaumay but was discouraged when the waiter said "Good for two po yan ma'am" and "Sure po kayo? Malaki po yan" and in the end we ended up ordering the fondue thingy (forgot the name since it was soooo long ago) to share.


Remnants of the Fondue Platter
The fondue was "meh" for first timers I'd rather recommend ordering one of their sundaes, the first time I ate at Swensen's I ate the Nutty Crispy Tower which left a more favorable impression. The chocolate was easily hardened and was not impressive. The fruits were not that great and the brownie was a bit to crumbly for my taste. The heart shaped chocolates was a nice touch though.

After being unsatisfied with the fondue, we went for a second round and ordered this:

Second Round!

You can customize your Ice Cream and choose from the selection. I personally like Macadamia and Wild at Heart!

We got this to use for future visits:

No comments:

Post a Comment