Sunday, April 7, 2013

Buon Giorno!

It's summertime. Me and my high school friends decided that we would go on a roadtrip. My friend recently got a car for her birthday (lucky right?) and then we decided to go to Batangas, then to Sta. Rosa and lastly to Tagaytay.

We got lost while picking up our friend and her super cute baby. They lived in Batangas so we decided to take the star expressway-actex-slex route.

We first had merienda at Razon's in Paseo de Sta. Rosa. Me and the baby played along.



We initially planned to go to Solenad at Nuvali but then decided against it because we were still full and didn't see anyplace we wanted to eat. And also there are really a lot of people.

The traffic was horrendous that day since it was Black Saturday.

We were stuck in traffic for a good 1.5 hour i think. Those northbound were worse.

We then settled at the Cliffhouse then queued for Italian food at Buon Giorno. My friend raves about their food and since there was a line I think that was a good sign.

 

Cliffhouse Tagaytay

Cliffhouse is located along the national highway and is marked by a lighthouse and signage. I always miss it when we drive along. It is a nice place to enjoy a view of Taal Volcano as well as to eat and relax a bit. There is an inn here for those who want to stay overnight. The establishments at the Cliffhouse include Mochiko, Buon Giorno, Cafe Breton, Fruits in Ice Cream and 2 more restaurants whose names I am unable  to recall. There are rocking chairs around the area and you can lounge around if time permits.

  

A view of Taal Volcano

It was my first time eating at Buon Giorno! so we had my friend order for us. That night this is what we ate: 
 
Place Setting
I loved the bread that came warm after we placed our order. I could've finished the entire basket myself if I wasn't looking forward to the food as much as I was. The bread was very soft, just the way I like it. 

Spaghetti Vongole Gamberti - 310 php

It's a seafood pasta. Reminds me of the Charlie Chan Chicken pasta of yellowcab. Not being a big fan of seafood I was in for a big surprise when I liked this pasta. It was the right kind of salty. 
 
 

Buon Giorno's Special Salad - 225 php

Ordered this upon the recommendation of the waiter. The dressing is a bit sour and I couldn't really explain it as well as I would like to but I'll try to describe it as savoury. I was not a big fan of the salad as I am more of the Caesar dressing type of girl. The salad though is refreshing. It was also a nice portion and we weren't able to finish it.


Mare Pasto- 270 php
 
I love this pizza. I love that there's the right amount of cheese. I loved the pesto. The seafood wasn't at all fishy. The dough was crispy and it was pleasing to bite into.

We also ordered the Lamb Chops recommended by the waiter but I wasn't able to take a picture of it. It was 4 pieces served on a bed of mashed potatoes. There was also a mint sauce that came on the side. I am not a big fan of lamb but we decided to try it. I loved the sauce of the lamb if I remember correctly it was a red wine sauce. The mint sauce went well with the lamb though by personal preference I did not care much for it.

I would go back to Buon Giorno for the reasonably priced food, pleasing environment and also to try their coffee and desserts.

As a parting shot, more reasons to go to Tagaytay because of the Sky Ranch the tallest ferris wheel in the country.





No comments:

Post a Comment