Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hong Kong: Part 2

Seeing as this trip happened 2 years ago and another trip to Hong Kong is looming I decided to write this post to document my experiences as a first time traveller to a foreign country.

Arrival to Hong Kong and Lantau Island post is here.

I can still remember the first time I went travelling. It was a thrilling experience for me and also a dream come true. I wasn't sure that I would be able to travel to another country and I am very thankful that I did get to go. I have learned valuable things from my experiences in travelling abroad. I have learned to be more aggressive and to plan ahead (though I don't ALWAYS apply this in my daily life).

On to the trip.

2nd day of our HK adventure was the MANDATORY HK tour to J.C Jewelry Factory, Avenue of the Stars, Aberdeen Fishing Village, Mid-Levels Victoria Peak, and the Factory Outlet. It's good that we were driven around by a shuttle to see all these places, but I don't consider it a must for everyone to take this tour.

While getting our mandatory breakfast c/o coupons.


Took pictures whilst we were in the coach.










The part that I am most excited about in this tour is seeing the Avenue of the Stars. Though when we got there the only people I knew were Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Bruce Lee (but since then I've known more Mainland stars because of BBJX). The view of the harbour is great in this area.



I took pictures at the jewellery factory. It's basically a store with a place where you can see how they make the jewellery.








Next up, Aberdeen Fishing Village.





After the tour was finished we were dropped off at Nathan Road and from there we took the MTR to the interchange to the Disney line. But before boarding the Disney line train to Sunny Bay we first explored the area and looked for something to eat since we expected that Disneyland food would be expensive. Ended up in a local neighborhood where it appeared we were the only tourists there. We ate at a restaurant where the waitress did not speak any English. We ended up ordering fried rice, crispy noodles, milk tea, and a random beef dish.




 After lunch off we were to Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment